Saturday 20 July 2013

My mini gamer

My son is almost 8 months old and is the absolute best thing in my life, minus the computer of course!

I could never put into words how special that little guy makes me feel! When I've had a rough day at work and I come home to his cheesy grin and beautiful personality, all my worries and concerns fade away like stars in the morning.

Hello Mummy and Daddy!

Its not all been fun and games though, Jade and I have had our fair share of hurdles to overcome but together have smashed through them all.

2 years ago if someone had told me I could live off 3-4 hours sleep, wake up to feed a baby a bottle every few hours and still find the strength to go to the work. I would have laughed and walked off, but as it is, I've managed all of the above and have lived to tell the story!

How can any child drink this much in a night?
From an early age Jade and I wanted Ted to be influenced by the things we love. By no means do we want to try and shape out Teds future for him, we just want to make sure he is the coolest kid in school!

Jade loves her science fiction and in March we had an opportunity to take Ted to a Sci-Fi weekender. This was a great way for us to introduce Ted to all things awesome, the highlight of that weekend was meeting Darth Vader.

"Pooey, the force is strong in this one! Take him back"

For me, I want Ted to learn all about my gaming. In time I will teach him all about the games I use to play, will be playing and why I play them. For now though he can just enjoy the pretty pictures and nice noises.

I also want him to find a passion for cars, as they have and will always be a big part of my life.



               
"Odd groups go left, Even groups go right!"


"1 billion dollars!!"
"Sports mode yeah?"
Some of our decisions may not have had the positive effect we wanted. After Teds experience with Darth Vader, Star wars came on.


In a box far far away


Following on from the horror Darth Vader inflicted on Ted, there was this one occasion where he had threaten to beat us with a mace and leave home. Thankfully after some TLC and the bribery of a bottle he backed down and handed over the weapon.


"What you looking at Mummy!"

So after the emotional roller coaster my family has been on the last 7 and half months. All the sleepless nights, hard work and effort has paid off and we have raised a beautiful boy who is a little angel. I love you so much Little Ted Stanley.

My sleepy little champ






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That Darth Vader pic is still my favourite photo of Ted! Coincidentally I love my first born son in the exact same way you love Ted!! Hope I didn't do too bad a job with him??!! Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely Joe. Wish I got to see more of you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is such a lovely post!!

    Alex :) x
    www.bump-to-baby.com

    ReplyDelete